NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banter Thread 9.0

+31
Quietace
snowday111
Koroptim
mmanisca
Sparky Sparticles
heehaw453
frank 638
dkodgis
2004blackwrx
amugs
crippo84
nutleyblizzard
HectorO
kalleg
essexcountypete
Grselig
MattyICE
Dunnzoo
sroc4
WeatherBob
GreyBeard
phil155
jmanley32
billg315
docstox12
CPcantmeasuresnow
deadrabbit79
weatherwatchermom
rb924119
SENJsnowman
Frank_Wx
35 posters

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Banter Thread 9.0 - Page 15 Empty Re: Banter Thread 9.0

Post by tomsriversnowstorm Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:52 am

sroc4 wrote:
tomsriversnowstorm wrote:Hello everyone,
There use to be a guy on facebook named Bob the weatherman. He was pretty good and seemed like a good guy. I have not seen him in months and don’t see his account anymore. Anyone know if he is ok? Just worried because he seemed like a real good guy

Hey Tomsriver. Bob a member here too I’m assuming?  Do you recall his handle on here?    

No I wish I did really good guy. I remember he was a retired police chief if that helps people remember.

tomsriversnowstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:34 am

tomsriversnowstorm wrote:
sroc4 wrote:
There use to be a guy on facebook named Bob the weatherman. He was pretty good and seemed like a good guy. I have not seen him in months and don’t see his account anymore. Anyone know if he is ok? Just worried because he seemed like a real good guy

Hey Tomsriver. Bob a member here too I’m assuming?  Do you recall his handle on here?    

No I wish I did really good guy. I remember he was a retired police chief if that helps people remember.

So we do have a member whose handle was WeatherBob who is listed as a meteorologist. FWIW  He was last signed in on our sight in March.  If he’s anything like me he came to the realization that Facebook has become nothing more than a toxic place for individuals to talk shit to people and pawn their opinions off as facts without any repercussions for their actions behind the safety of their computer screens.  

My recollection of his posts in here are that of valuable insights whenever there has been trackable weather.

sroc4
Admin
Admin

docstox12, kalleg and billg315 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tomsriversnowstorm Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:20 am

sroc4 wrote:
sroc4 wrote:

So we do have a member whose handle was WeatherBob who is listed as a meteorologist. FWIW  He was last signed in on our sight in March.  If he’s anything like me he came to the realization that Facebook has become nothing more than a toxic place for individuals to talk shit to people and pawn their opinions off as facts without any repercussions for their actions behind the safety of their computer screens.  

My recollection of his posts in here are that of valuable insights whenever there has been trackable weather.

I bet you they are the same person because that was around the last time he posted there. I agree with you on the Facebook part. Thank you so much for your help.

tomsriversnowstorm

sroc4 and kalleg like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sat Sep 28, 2024 3:25 pm

sroc4 wrote:
sroc4 wrote:

I bet you they are the same person because that was around the last time he posted there. I agree with you on the Facebook part. Thank you so much for your help.
My only rebuttle to the FB thing is it is a good way to stay in touch with family etc, has the marketplace which I do utilize for various things and the chat feature is nice. As for following groups I have very few and ya it is just a bunch of hooie. But IMO as I noted there are good things for use with FB. Hope weatherbob is okay, I think he was in painted post PA?
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

kalleg likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Mon Sep 30, 2024 9:10 am

WeatherBob had very good insights on some of the storms we had in recent years. I do believe he is more active on here in the winter when there are actually storms to track, so assuming (hoping) we'll see him soon.

As to Facebook, I ran screaming from it at the end of 2015 for the same reasons Scott mentioned and have never returned. I believe it has only gotten worse since I left so I don't miss it, although I do lament it has made it difficult to stay in touch with some distant friends as many people use it as their primary way of staying in touch anymore. In general, this site is the closest thing to social media I am still on as I am not a fan of what social media has become on any of its many platforms.
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

docstox12 and kalleg like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Oct 01, 2024 6:23 am

billg315 wrote:WeatherBob had very good insights on some of the storms we had in recent years. I do believe he is more active on here in the winter when there are actually storms to track, so assuming (hoping) we'll see him soon.

As to Facebook, I ran screaming from it at the end of 2015 for the same reasons Scott mentioned and have never returned. I believe it has only gotten worse since I left so I don't miss it, although I do lament it has made it difficult to stay in touch with some distant friends as many people use it as their primary way of staying in touch anymore.  In general, this site is the closest thing to social media I am still on as I am not a fan of what social media has become on any of its many platforms.

I never was on FB because it took me 50 years to get away from people I can't stand,LOL.Why would I want them to find me on FB?Anyway, it is good and bad, helps people conduct their business or just reach out to those they have not heard from in decades.Downside is I have read many marriages have been broken up because people found their "lost soulmate" of years back and dump their spouse and family.Agree with billg on the toxicity of social media.I believe it has added to the divisiveness we see in the country today.However, it is a free country and everybody can do as they see fit.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

sroc4, kalleg, brownie, weatherwatchermom and billg315 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Fri Oct 04, 2024 8:44 pm

I have been busy leafing. This is banter so please excuse me if I bant:  the moss has been …..reeeelllennntllleessss
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

docstox12 and kalleg like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Oct 04, 2024 11:22 pm

dkodgis wrote:I have been busy leafing. This is banter so please excuse me if I bant:  the moss has been …..reeeelllennntllleessss

Well, Damian, you could be busy loafing.........if you were a baker!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

kalleg, dkodgis and SENJsnowman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Sat Oct 05, 2024 2:59 pm

Don’t look now, but the EURO suite is toying with the idea of getting the first measurable snow into the northern and western periphery of our forum Day 9/10. Very Happy

Banter Thread 9.0 - Page 15 Img_2510

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

docstox12 and weatherwatchermom like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Sat Oct 05, 2024 3:31 pm

👀
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Sun Oct 06, 2024 9:20 am

The boys are back in town

https://youtu.be/wIE5wwvicew?feature=shared

dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

docstox12 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Mon Oct 07, 2024 7:18 pm

Greybeard, tell us ‘bout FL
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Mon Oct 07, 2024 7:37 pm

Jim Witt said Major Coastal Storm possible 16th -18th this month. We shall see.

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Oct 07, 2024 7:56 pm

amugs wrote:Jim Witt said Major Coastal Storm possible 16th -18th this month.  We shall see.

Mugs, so glad you are back on board Brother!! BTW, in 1848 I was only 4 and don;t remember much about that hurricane.Anyhoo...

Trees here 80% color now, I think two weeks early.Leaves coming down in some spots as well.

Last edited by docstox12 on Mon Oct 07, 2024 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

amugs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Mon Oct 07, 2024 7:56 pm

Well folks after relocating to Florida back in March, I don't think Florida is a good fit for me. I am not kidding when I say it has not been under 90° on any day since then. The summer was oppressive with the humidity. I felt like a prisoner in my home needing to be in the AC all day and night. Food costs are much higher here, than back in NY. I'd say I'm spending easily at least $50 more per week down here.

I came here with the intention of being close to my son and his bride of 2 years. Sadly, the Lord called him home back on August 27 at just 33 yrs. of age. We are devastated as you might imagine. His beautiful good hearted wife is a widow at 29 yrs old. Her world and ours have been turned upside down.

One month after my son passed away, my beloved black labrador retriever, who was my constant companion since he was 12 weeks old, died in my arms of cancer at the age of 11. He had a good life and thankfully did not suffer and passed on his own terms at home.

2 days after that my daughter, who lives just below Ashville NC in Hendersonville, was hit by Helene's wrath. She still has no power at her place and cell phone service is spotty at best. We are doing our best to persevere. Once my lease is up at the end of February, I plan on testing the waters up there in western NC. I believe there is a term for people like me who go to Florida, find it's not for them and then go halfway back to NY thus earning the distinction of being called a "halfback".
"

On a lighter note, I saw docstox and Damian debating on the age of us "senior" members. I believe the oldest member is a fella in Suffolk county who goes by the handle oldtimer. Thinking late 70's pushing 80. Next in line would be docstox, who mentioned was turning 74 in November. I GreyBeard am also a November birthday boy but will be turning 72 this year. Last but not least, would be Damian who just turned 70 from what I saw. Belated Happy Birthday to you.

I wish  you folks all the best, enjoy a picturesque fall season followed by a banner year of snowfall. I'll be lurking and following along when there is something going on.

Last edited by GreyBeard on Mon Oct 07, 2024 8:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Oct 07, 2024 8:03 pm

GreyBeard wrote:Well folks after relocating to Florida back in March, I don't think Florida is a good fit for me. I am not kidding when I say it has not been under 90° on any day since then. The summer was oppressive with the humidity. I felt like a prisoner in my home needing to be in the AC all day and night. Food costs are much higher here, than back in NY. I'd say I'm spending easily at least $50 more per week down here.

I came here with the intention of being close to my son and his bride of 2 years. Sadly, the Lord called him home back on August 27 at just 33 yrs. of age. We are devastated as you might imagine. His beautiful good hearted wife is a widow at 29 yrs old. Her world and ours have been turned upside down.

One month after my son passed away, my beloved black labrador retriever, who was my constant companion since he was 12 weeks old, died in my arms of cancer at the age of 11. He had a good life and thankfully did not suffer and passed on his own terms at home.

2 days after that my daughter, who lives just below Ashville NC in Hendersonville, was hit by Helene's wrath. She still has no power at her place and cell phone service is spotty at best. We are doing our best to persevere.

On a lighter note, I saw docstox and debating on the age of us "senior" members. I believe the oldest member is a fella in Suffolk county who goes by the handle oldtimer. Thinking late 70's pushing 80. Next in line would be docstox, who mentioned was turning 74 in November. I GreyBeard am also a November birthday boy but will be turning 72 this year. Last but not least, would be Damien who just turned 70 from what I saw. Belated Happy Birthday to you.

I wish all you folks all the best, enjoy a picturesque fall season followed by a banner year of snowfall. I'll be lurking and following along when there is something going on.

Greybeard, so sorry to hear about your son and doggie.I am praying for you and your family that the Lord will bring peace and clarity in all of this.Glad you talked about it here with all of us, your weather Brothers and Sisters.It's good to talk things out.

As part of the seventies crew, I am glad we have oldtimer.I am still a youngster with him around....I think,LOL.I've got arthritis in my knees, tinnitis in my ears, floaters in my eyes and multiple myeloma in my bones BUT...I'm still here!
Hope to talk again soon.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

GreyBeard and weatherwatchermom like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Mon Oct 07, 2024 8:13 pm

Always enjoyed the forum and the great crew we have here. Growing old ain't easy doc, but it beats the alternative. Stay well and live each day the best that you can.

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

docstox12 and weatherwatchermom like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Mon Oct 07, 2024 8:27 pm

Greybeard, I am so sorry for the loss of your son and fur baby. Glad to hear your daughter is doing ok in NC considering the terrible conditions they are facing there. My husband and I were looking to buy a condo near Port Charlotte last year and decided against it. Glad we didn't commit to anything permanent down there. My brother is across the way from you in Cape Coral, he'll be in for a rough ride for sure, but he's there to stay. Please be safe, and prayers for you and your family. Please check in with us after the storm and let us know how you make out.

Snowfall winter of 2023-2024  17.5"    

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023       6.0"
Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

docstox12, GreyBeard and weatherwatchermom like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SENJsnowman Mon Oct 07, 2024 8:29 pm

Sincere condolences Graybeard. As the father of 3, I can barely bring myself to even imagine the pain. Your son's memory should be a blessing for your entire family and I hope God brings you all peace and comfort as you continue to find joy and purpose in life. Condolences also for the loss of your dog, and best wishes for a speedy return to 'normal' for your daughter.

SENJsnowman
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Mon Oct 07, 2024 8:37 pm

Thank you all for your kind words, they mean a lot to me. God Bless us all.

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Mon Oct 07, 2024 8:57 pm

GreyBeard, I am so sorry to hear of your sons passing and your pooch. That is horrible and I will add your son and family to my daily morning prayer list.
Docstox you are hilarious as ever.
Gbeard best of luck down south.

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Mon Oct 07, 2024 9:05 pm

GrayBeard. So very sorry for your loss and hard times. Truly praying some pain is eased. Stay safe!!!
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Mon Oct 07, 2024 9:20 pm

GreyBeard wrote:Well folks after relocating to Florida back in March, I don't think Florida is a good fit for me. I am not kidding when I say it has not been under 90° on any day since then. The summer was oppressive with the humidity. I felt like a prisoner in my home needing to be in the AC all day and night. Food costs are much higher here, than back in NY. I'd say I'm spending easily at least $50 more per week down here.

2 days after that my daughter, who lives just below Ashville NC in Hendersonville, was hit by Helene's wrath. She still has no power at her place and cell phone service is spotty at best. We are doing our best to persevere. Once my lease is up at the end of February, I plan on testing the waters up there in western NC. I believe there is a term for people like me who go to Florida, find it's not for them and then go halfway back to NY thus earning the distinction of being called a "halfback".
"

On a lighter note, I saw docstox and Damian debating on the age of us "senior" members. I believe the oldest member is a fella in Suffolk county who goes by the handle oldtimer. Thinking late 70's pushing 80. Next in line would be docstox, who mentioned was turning 74 in November. I GreyBeard am also a November birthday boy but will be turning 72 this year. Last but not least, would be Damian who just turned 70 from what I saw. Belated Happy Birthday to you.

I wish  you folks all the best, enjoy a picturesque fall season followed by a banner year of snowfall. I'll be lurking and following along when there is something going on.

Greybeard. I am so very sorry my friend. I can’t even imagine how hard it must be for you and your family. Sending Much love your way from your Suffolk county brethren.

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Oct 08, 2024 5:54 am

GreyBeard wrote:Always enjoyed the forum and the great crew we have here. Growing old ain't easy doc, but it beats the alternative. Stay well and live each day the best that you can.

Greybeard, you probably remember back in the day a radio DJ Harry Harrison ,who would mention each morning he was on "each day is a precious gift that should be unwrapped very carefully"! The Lord gives us that gift.
Stay safe and batten down the hatches friend!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

GreyBeard and weatherwatchermom like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Tue Oct 08, 2024 8:46 am

Greybeard I am so sorry to hear of all the loses you have faced this year. I will be praying for you and your family that you may find comfort and peace..and that this storm does not cause anymore heartache ....🙏
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

docstox12 and GreyBeard like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:46 am

Graybeard I am so sorry for your loss my thoughts and prayers goes out to you 🙏🙏🙏

frank 638
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:47 am

As so many have said, I am sorry for your losses. God bless.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum: