NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TO ALL!!!!!

+12
CPcantmeasuresnow
Nyi1058
weatherwatchermom
nutleyblizzard
docstox12
mikeypizano
jmanley32
Grselig
RJB8525
billg315
mwilli5783
sroc4
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TO ALL!!!!! Empty TO ALL!!!!!

Post by sroc4 Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:07 am

Hey folks....On behalf of the entire NJ Strong crew we all appreciate everyone on here.  But please DO NOT get sucked into a war of words this am.  Haters gonna hate.  The guy who was banned and the other who's post I just deleted if you want to talk tough in cyber world please do so on another forum.  If anyone posts ridiculous crap like I just deleted on here it will be immediately deleted.  This goes for frequent and in frequent posters.  If there is any trolling this morning there will be a zero tolerance rule in effect.  

Those who are on here often know how we were all over this storm beginning about 2 weeks ago.  You ALWAYS have underachievers and overachievers in these types of dynamic set ups.  There is no way around it.  Those mets and amatuers who pound their chest like they know exactly what will happen are destined to look like fools as was pretty much proven over the last 24hrs.  

NO ONE invidual, professional or amateur, nailed this storm 100% correct, BUT collectively this forum was pretty damn good.  

Again zero tolerance on trolling or responding to trolling...Thank you!!

Last edited by sroc4 on Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

TO ALL!!!!! Empty Re: TO ALL!!!!!

Post by mwilli5783 Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:10 am

u guys did a great job and because of that my friend in bklyn is paying me to see the avenger movie next month(he didn't believe this storm was gonna be this bad so i bet him)

mwilli5783

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:31 am

A-MEN.
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:50 am

My apologies for the one response post I made. It bothered me to see somebody going after the members on the board knowing how much work they put into this.

Back to top Go down

Post by RJB8525 Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:51 am

TheAresian wrote:My apologies for the one response post I made. It bothered me to see somebody going after the members on the board knowing how much work they put into this.

this. sorry i don't apologize though LOL. GTFO if you have a problem here
RJB8525
RJB8525
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:25 am

TheAresian wrote:My apologies for the one response post I made. It bothered me to see somebody going after the members on the board knowing how much work they put into this.

Agreed. I got sucked in too. For the same reasons. My apologies. Lets keep it classy!
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:30 am

Guess I missed something uncommon to the board this morning. Jeeze some people just go over the top.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:41 am

RJB8525 wrote:

this. sorry i don't apologize though LOL. GTFO if you have a problem here

Guess I have to abuse Richie in private now? Sad Just kidding...
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:07 am

Good policy Doc.I can understand members blasting those guys but as you say, that starts the barfight and we don't need that here.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:15 am

I don't know what you're alluding to Scott harvey

Back to top Go down

Post by nutleyblizzard Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:18 am

It's really a shame. Crap like this is what ultimately brought down the WABC weather chatroom. I can only pray that this forum does not suffer the same fate.
nutleyblizzard
nutleyblizzard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:20 am

nutleyblizzard wrote:It's really a shame. Crap like this is what ultimately brought down the WABC weather chatroom. I can only pray that this forum does not suffer the same fate.

It won't because of the people that run this forum!!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyi1058 Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:14 pm

nutleyblizzard wrote:It's really a shame. Crap like this is what ultimately brought down the WABC weather chatroom. I can only pray that this forum does not suffer the same fate.
Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t the abc forum shut down because Frank was nailing the forecast better then the TV Mets ?

Nyi1058

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:29 pm

weatherwatchermom wrote:

It won't because of the people that run this forum!!

BINGO!!!!!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:53 pm

But you also have to remember that was a lot of dopey kids running amok, with absolutely no moderators.

Here you have a good mix of really mature, bright, young people and some mature older people.

Well at least older people.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by oldtimer Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:11 pm

This is the only place for me NJ STRONG WEATHER FORUM To all the great people here Its a great experience and fun for me at this time in my life I enjoy the passion so much here Thank you all Tony

oldtimer
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:38 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

But you also have to remember that was a lot of dopey kids running amok, with absolutely no moderators.

Here you have a good mix of really mature, bright, young people and some mature older people.

Well at least older people.

Thanks for the compliment CP. greatly appreciated I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:41 pm

I wish I knew how to quote multiple people and quote from different threads, but as Frank had said in different thread, I would like to extend a huge "thank you" to all of you who jumped in to our defense. However, when it comes to things like what I presume I missed, I think we can collectively let our track record, cumulatively and independently, speak for itself. That said, the overwhelming support by everybody definitely means as much to us as our forecasts, and we all appreciate it. Truly. We are all gonna have busts, it happens, but I think this event verified for a very large percentage, an overwhelming percentage, of our posters, and to have such a high threat score is tremendous. There will be more of this to come later on the down the road, though. Anyway, I don't think there should be ANY cause for concern about the longevity of this forum. Families quarrel, but things usually work out Smile

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:43 pm

rb924119 wrote:I wish I knew how to quote multiple people and quote from different threads, but as Frank had said in different thread, I would like to extend a huge "thank you" to all of you who jumped in to our defense. However, when it comes to things like what I presume I missed, I think we can collectively let our track record, cumulatively and independently, speak for itself. That said, the overwhelming support by everybody definitely means as much to us as our forecasts, and we all appreciate it. Truly. We are all gonna have busts, it happens, but I think this event verified for a very large percentage, an overwhelming percentage, of our posters, and to have such a high threat score is tremendous. There will be more of this to come later on the down the road, though. Anyway, I don't think there should be ANY cause for concern about the longevity of this forum. Families quarrel, but things usually work out Smile

Well said rb!!!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:46 pm

Oh sure Ray, go ahead and be the calm voice of reason. See where that gets you in life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:53 pm

TheAresian wrote:Oh sure Ray, go ahead and be the calm voice of reason. See where that gets you in life.

These kids today. So much calmer and wiser than the older generation.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:47 pm

Grselig wrote:
TheAresian wrote:Oh sure Ray, go ahead and be the calm voice of reason. See where that gets you in life.

These kids today.  So much calmer and wiser than the older generation.

They'll never learn. You haven't lived until you've listened to the voice in your head screaming at somebody to get off your lawn.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:11 pm

Grselig wrote:

These kids today.  So much calmer and wiser than the older generation.

Eating Tide Pods really calms them down...
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:32 pm

This site is well run. I like how so many of the posters write so well, better than I do (and I am embarrassed to say I teach writing). Also, so many of the posters are just plain funnier 'n $h-t and they make me laugh. It seems the whole world is filled with people who carp. I do not listen to them and I do not react to them. Well if shaking my head counts, I suppose I do. It is not on my bucket list to fight with people, even the incorrigible fools who get banned here. I do not know what they think they are doing, but let them not do it here.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:12 pm

I don’t understand. When I pm the people that attacked our guys they won’t respond ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum