NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

+46
Angela0621
Carvin
SoulSingMG
Irish
Joe Snow
lglickman1
RJB8525
ruggerij
adamfitz1969
Taffy
mako460
Math23x7
Scullybutcher
Quietace
algae888
dkodgis
essexcountypete
Vinnydula
JackShephard
skinsfan1177
brownie
nutleyblizzard
aiannone
crippo84
frank 638
weatherwatchermom
Grselig
amugs
rb924119
heehaw453
docstox12
SENJsnowman
Wheezer
jimv45
billg315
jmanley32
mikeypizano
hyde345
CPcantmeasuresnow
mwilli5783
Frank_Wx
HectorO
Radz
GreyBeard
Dunnzoo
sroc4
50 posters

Page 20 of 36 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 36  Next

Go down

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 20 Empty Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by Joe Snow Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:45 pm

Come on kids snow will come like last year, when winter really starts in April.

Joe Snow
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 20 Empty Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by docstox12 Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:48 am

Searching the neuron pathways of my rapidly aging brain I have come to the conclusion that the reason this winter is a bust so far is that my driveway plowist of the period 2013-2017 decided to stop doing that service and I had to resort to a new plowist.Multiple curses via my part Hungarian background have been hurlled at the former plowist such as "may an unclean Yak sit on your dinner" to help break this MHO PAC winter's grip on us.The amazing power of warmacists and plowists have rendered long range forecasts by individuals like the great Isotherm entirely moot.Sobering and scary though for future winters.

docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by SENJsnowman Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:13 am

Perhaps I should just swallow this particular "On this day", but 3 years ago today, everyone on this board woke up to a Roidzilla. And I do mean everyone...from the Barnegat Lighthouse to the Painted Post^.

"Memories are great...but nostaligia is depression waiting to happen."  Me, just now.

^ I have no idea if the bilzzard actually reached everyone on this board, up to and including our far SW NY outpost. Welcome a CP fact check here if applicable...  Smile  

SENJsnowman
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:36 am

SENJsnowman wrote:Perhaps I should just swallow this particular "On this day", but 3 years ago today, everyone on this board woke up to a Roidzilla. And I do mean everyone...from the Barnegat Lighthouse to the Painted Post^.

"Memories are great...but nostaligia is depression waiting to happen."  Me, just now.

^ I have no idea if the bilzzard actually reached everyone on this board, up to and including our far SW NY outpost. Welcome a CP fact check here if applicable...  Smile  

On this day today I am waking of to a flash flood watch. Big difference! Sleep
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Radz Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:28 am

SENJsnowman wrote:Perhaps I should just swallow this particular "On this day", but 3 years ago today, everyone on this board woke up to a Roidzilla. And I do mean everyone...from the Barnegat Lighthouse to the Painted Post^.

While it was far reaching, and amazing to watch it unfold, as your bottom line eludes to, it was barely a Godzilla up here lol, 11" or so... but I'm not complaining Smile
Radz
Radz
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SENJsnowman Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:51 am

Radz wrote:

While it was far reaching, and amazing to watch it unfold, as your bottom line eludes to, it was barely a Godzilla up here lol, 11" or so... but I'm not complaining Smile

Ironically enough Radz, I think it was your signature line of 'waiting for the roidzilla' that made me think I might be over-reaching. I think it was more historic from the apps to the beltway

SENJsnowman
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:10 am

Nope, biggest storm ever in NYC Central Park, LGA and JFK all recorded between 27.5 to 30.5 inches of snow.

Most of NJ except far NW, and very extreme SENY amd LI participated but 40 miles geographically north of NYC imby 12 inches, I think Doc got 13, and 20 miles north of me, Damian, Hyde, Jim pretty much got shutout. Most of NE Pennsylvania received a couple of inches or nothing, Aresian 0. Very extreme cut offs in that storm.

We got our revenge on March 14, 2017 and March 7, 2018 with 21 and 25 inches from those two storms, while much of the coast saw mixed precip or rain. It's very hard for all of us to get the whole goods at the same time.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:14 am

Since I'm feeling a little down this morning, here was my "Storm in Review" blog on this event. Man, it was so incredible.

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/2016/01/january-23-2016-roidzilla-storm-in.html

https://www.njstrongweatherforum.com/t648-january-23-2016-roidzilla-storm-in-review

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:36 am

WRONG. I did not... I got like 2 inches...
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SENJsnowman Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:23 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

Nope, biggest storm ever in NYC Central Park, LGA and JFK all recorded between 27.5 to 30.5 inches of snow.

Most of NJ except far NW, and very extreme SENY amd LI participated but 40 miles geographically north of NYC imby 12 inches, I think Doc got 13, and 20 miles north of me, Damian, Hyde, Jim pretty much got shutout. Most of NE Pennsylvania received a couple of inches or nothing, Aresian 0. Very extreme cut offs in that storm.

We got our revenge on March 14, 2017 and March 7, 2018 with 21 and 25 inches from those two storms, while much of the coast saw mixed precip or rain. It's very hard for all of us to get the whole goods at the same time.

[quote="mikeypizano"]

Hmmm...one thing I notice about me is that I am wrong a lot...

CP, that first one, Stella I believe, hurt a lot. The coast looked ok on that one until about 2 days to prior. Last year's wasn't as bad b/c we had that 3/21 beauty.

And for whatever reason, I can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that we don't cover the whole region on this board with a single storm. I mean, you guys have told me this at least 5 times already...

SENJsnowman
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:45 am

SENJsnowman wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

mikeypizano wrote:

Hmmm...one thing I notice about me is that I am wrong a lot...

CP, that first one, Stella I believe, hurt a lot. The coast looked ok on that one until about 2 days to prior. Last year's wasn't as bad b/c we had that 3/21 beauty.

And for whatever reason, I can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that we don't cover the whole region on this board with a single storm. I mean, you guys have told me this at least 5 times already...

Stella gave me 22", the snow last March? I didn't see much though.
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by HectorO Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:04 am

Usually temps change a week out quite a bit and by change, they usually go up. So I'm gonna need next Thursdays temps to go ahead amd start rising. I can't handle a day like that again....
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:08 am

Flood advisory and heavy rain for today. its 57 degrees on January 26th. Story of this winter. I don't care if it 20 and dry. Its winter. When its nearly 60 with putrid warm rain in the heart of the season, that's a problem.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:15 am

This stands as the biggest (and probably best) snowstorm I've experience imby. I ended up at about 28" of snow and literally had whiteout conditions at times where you couldn't see things less than a hundred feet away. It was very cool.
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:17 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
billg315 wrote:I'm wondering if there is some over-the-top, pointless, overly dramatic act I could perform that would change the fortunes of this winter.  Like, what if I self-immolated on the steps of an ice cream shop, surf shop, or some other warm-weather themed business?

I like you  a lot Bil and I'd miss you, but if it means salvaging our winter please, the sooner the better.

CP, I just attempted my ritual self-immolation. The pouring rain immediately extinguished any flames from igniting. Irony.
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:20 am

billg315 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
billg315 wrote:I'm wondering if there is some over-the-top, pointless, overly dramatic act I could perform that would change the fortunes of this winter.  Like, what if I self-immolated on the steps of an ice cream shop, surf shop, or some other warm-weather themed business?

I like you  a lot Bil and I'd miss you, but if it means salvaging our winter please, the sooner the better.

CP, I just attempted my ritual self-immolation. The pouring rain immediately extinguished any flames from igniting. Irony.

Hot oil. It’s waterproof. Just a friendly suggestion.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:32 am

Grselig wrote:
billg315 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

Hot oil.  It’s waterproof.  Just a friendly suggestion.

Thank you. I think. Laughing
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:19 pm

Radz wrote:54°, only snow left are the piles, 1.2" 0f rain thus far - this blows...

Radz post succinctly sums up my sentiment.

So the best this winter can give is 4 days of a beautiful winter landscape? Wiped away by a raging rainstorm and temps in the 50's in one day. A frozen snow pack with a LE of 1.5 inches should not be wiped away in the course of 12 hours. That is not suppose to happen in January. Just when you think this winter can't get any worse it tops itself.

Bill you made a promise to help and Grse gave you the solution. I understand if you back out, but don't get our hopes up in the future. I will let this one go, just because I'd rather have you on this forum vs self-immolation and a return to winter, but it's very close.

I still say Blowing up, Deleting, Nuking, Math's December 15th poll thread, which obviously started the whole downward spiral to the winter is the simple and sane solution, but nobody will take any action. It's just the times we live in.

Last edited by CPcantmeasuresnow on Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:24 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Radz wrote:54°, only snow left are the piles, 1.2" 0f rain thus far - this blows...

So the best this winter can give is 4 days of a beautiful winter landscape? Wiped away by a raging rainstorm and temps in the 50's in one day. A frozen snow pack with a LE of 1.5 inches should not be wiped away in the course of 12 hours. That is not suppose to happen in January. Just when you think this winter can't get any worse it tops itself.

Bill you made a promise to help and Grse gave you the solution. I understand if you back out, but don't get our hopes up in the future. Will let this one go.

I still say Blowing up, Deleting, Nuking, Math's December 15th poll thread, which obviously started the whole downward spiral to the winter is the simple and sane solution, but nobody will take any action. It's just the times we live in.

As admin of this forum I decided to take action.

The deed is done.

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:25 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

Bill you made a promise to help and Grse gave you the solution. I understand if you back out, but don't get our hopes up in the future. Will let this one go.

The deed is done.

God Bless you Frank.

I already sense the MJO moving to phase 8 and staying there.

CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by SENJsnowman Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:38 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

The deed is done.

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 20 Fwit7q

SENJsnowman
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:47 pm

SENJsnowman wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

The deed is done.

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 20 Fwit7q

WINTER is SAVED!
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:48 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

The deed is done.

God Bless you Frank.

Ahhhh, Frank and CP, but deleting Math's post does not take away the FACT that he has blown every long range forecaster in this site as well as pro Mets out of the ballpark with his dead on post WAY BACK on December15th!! You two will have to liquidate all who have read that post in order to eliminate the curse!! Deleting it now is way too late, it should have been done immediately.Perhaps next winter can be salvaged as it takes many months, such as the MJO has been screwing up THIS winter, for the deletion of math's post to be effective!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:49 pm

Frank for President and Speaket Of The House and SCOTUS Chief Justice
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SENJsnowman Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:52 pm

docstox12 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

The deed is done.

God Bless you Frank.

Ahhhh, Frank and CP, but deleting Math's post does not take away the FACT that he has blown every long range forecaster in this site as well as pro Mets out of the ballpark with his dead on post WAY BACK on December15th!! You two will have to liquidate all who have read that post in order to eliminate the curse!! Deleting it now is way too late, it should have been done immediately.Perhaps next winter can be salvaged as it takes many months, such as the MJO has been screwing up THIS winter, for the deletion of math's post to be effective!

Doc...warmicsm? Y tu?   Shocked

Edit: It's just pessimism, right Doc?

SENJsnowman
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:54 pm

Grselig wrote:Frank for President and Speaket Of The House and SCOTUS Chief Justice

Frank is already Emperor, a position far more powerful than either of these two! His benevolence is renowned for allowing OTI to exist as an entity for nearly 5 years!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:57 pm

Math hijacked his computer. This is a cybercrime.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 36 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum