NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wx Banter Thread 2.0

+52
WeatherBob
essexcountypete
NjWeatherGuy
moleson
lisalamb
lglickman1
GreyBeard
bloc1357
crippo84
SnowForest
Carter bk
jake732
sabamfa
SENJsnowman
MattyICE
SoulSingMG
hyde345
billg315
cooladi
Wheezer
Radz
skinsfan1177
Dunnzoo
Scullybutcher
Dtone
jimv45
CPcantmeasuresnow
RJB8525
Mathgod55
EnyapWeather
Quietace
jwalsh
brownie
Vinnydula
Grselig
mikeypizano
HectorO
gigs68
Math23x7
jmanley32
track17
rb924119
Frank_Wx
frank 638
sroc4
aiannone
weatherwatchermom
algae888
dkodgis
docstox12
amugs
nutleyblizzard
56 posters

Page 36 of 41 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 41  Next

Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 36 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by mikeypizano Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:45 am

syosnow94 wrote:
nutleyblizzard wrote:I'm really starting to lose my patience with all this rain and great pattern setups that don't come to pass all winter. As of now I have 22.5 inches of snow for the winter- roughly 6 inches below normal. With the delay of this so called epic block taking shape... what else is new, we're probably facing another rainstorm next weekend. I believe our last chance for accumulating snow will be the storm around day 10. After that, I'll be ready to throw in the towel.

I posted something like this yesterday.  this past month is traditionally our coldest of the year.  If we were just normal temperatures we would have all had between 3-4 feet of snow. Interior areas closer to 5 feet. But instead it was rain every othe4 day when most Mets and posters were calling for epic winter conditions. Shoot me

Syo, I hear this same garbage every year. I am at a point where if I see the words PATTERN CHANGE I just stop reading... Its always the same story... ITS COMING! NEXT MONTH WILL BE EPIC! BLAH BLAH BLAH!

mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:23 am

SNOW MAN wrote:Good afternoon everyone. The first thing I'd like to say is thank you to Doc, Cp, Syo and Sroc for their condolences on the passing of my Mom and for their kind words and encouragement. Doc your right this board is like family to me. I know I haven't been posting much this season, but I've been going to Occupational Therapy trying to get my finger to bend and to try and desensitize it from feeling like I'm being shocked by a 220 volt hot wire every time I touch something. Unfortunately I'm having other problems from a misaligned pelvis. It causes extreme pain in one or both legs because it pinches the Sciatic nerve which makes your ability to walk very difficult or impossible.
  I've been going to PT for that with the Therapist that rehabbed my shoulder after I had Rotator Cuff surgery. She's really helped me tremendously.
  I was watching the Mets/ Professors at Penn State last night and they were doing there 12 day outlook and they were showing how in that period there would be 2 to 3 opportunities for a decent snow fall. Although they did say that it would be a complex set up for each opportunity. So KUDOS to Sroc, Mugs and the others on this board that said weeks ago that Winter isn't over quite yet.
   I apologize if I posted this in the wrong thread, but I wanted to let the above mentioned that I appreciate their thoughtfulness and caring. Thanks you guys you are my family. Now bring on Winter PART II with a vengeance. I'M READY !!!!

So sorry for your loss.(Been there unfortunately). I hope that therapy starts to bring you relief!!

weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:24 am

Jman good luck!!!!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:28 am

Jman best of luck and I hope it all works out for you.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:29 am

The 12z gfs has a powerful system with 4 to 5 inches rain and high winds 65+kts at 850 verbatim. I would normally be kinda excited for wind but the fact that this could verbatim be 4 ft of snow just kills it all. I'm not throw in towel but I find it hard to believe it will snow.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:30 am

jmanley32 wrote:The 12z gfs has a powerful system with 4 to 5 inches rain and high winds 65+kts at 850 verbatim.  I would normally be kinda excited for wind but the fact that this could verbatim be 4 ft of snow just kills it all. I'm not throw in towel but I find it hard to believe it will snow.

I threw in the towel like 3 weeks ago... If it dries out over next few days I will start prepping my mowers for SPRING!
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:31 am

Thanks all for the congrats. Bit nervous being it's all new to me but they seem like good staff and you go through a lot of training and stidy modules to learn aba.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:25 pm

Got my spring avatar set. No Toro this year, going with the Honda.
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:26 pm

mikeypizano wrote:Got my spring avatar set. No Toro this year, going with the Honda.

Dislike [X]
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:29 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:Got my spring avatar set. No Toro this year, going with the Honda.

Dislike [X]

Honda is king... Twisted Evil
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:36 pm

Just because I have nothing better to do... A little back story on the Honda, and that picture. That is actually my second HRC216, which was replaced last year on May 16, but the original Honda I got February 25, 2012.

Plus I know Grselig's son likes mower pictures, so here is a picture of the old one next to the new one.

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 36 LkwxuXY
Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 36 S9QM6UE
Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 36 7oc4cVM

The old one has 1008.5 hours on it, and would have been more if the throttle plate didn't crack 2 years ago so I put it away for the season early and finished off the year with a Craftsman. The blade brake clutch failed on me last year so I replaced it, then the transmission started to cut out, do I replaced the seals but it was still leaking as I must have screwed up the seal when putting it in so I got the new one. The old one is now the back up. I put almost 300 hours on the new one just from May 17 to the end of the season. The one still runs fine though, I just need to get around to actually fixing it.

mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:50 pm

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=henderson+old+fashion+horse+drawn+lawn+mower&fr=mcafee&imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fi2.wp.com%2Folddesignshop.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F02%2FOldDesignShop_HorseLawnMowerBW.jpg#id=6&iurl=http%3A%2F%2Fi2.wp.com%2Folddesignshop.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F02%2FOldDesignShop_HorseLawnMowerBW.jpg&action=click

Since we are on the topic of lawnmowers, here is a lithograph of me last year using my completely "green" (albeit the minor gaseous emissions from the horse) ,lawn mowing device.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:37 pm

Nice mower there doc.lol.You wouldn't think a 1 horsepower mower would be able to handle the job, but yours looks more than capable. Just have to watch out for the emissions as you stated.

As far as weather, just read an article where they say the warm spell we have seen is a one in a hundred, and perhaps 200 year span. Aren't we lucky. At any rate, here is the article. All is not lost....yet

http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/cold-air-snowstorms-likely-to-make-comeback-in-northeast-following-once-in-100-year-warmth/ar-BBJsLdz?ocid=SK2HDHP

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:43 pm

GreyBeard wrote:Nice mower there doc.lol.You wouldn't think a 1 horsepower mower would be able to handle the job, but yours looks more than capable. Just have to watch out for the emissions as you stated.

As far as weather, just read an article where they say the warm spell we have seen is a one in a hundred, and perhaps 200 year span. Aren't we lucky. At any rate, here is the article. All is not lost....yet

http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/cold-air-snowstorms-likely-to-make-comeback-in-northeast-following-once-in-100-year-warmth/ar-BBJsLdz?ocid=SK2HDHP

What about last year?
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:10 pm

I'm not a stats guy Mikey, but I think while certain months had record warmth, I don't think it was the warmest WINTER on record. I think that was dec.2015-feb.2016.
Perhaps on of the resident statisticians can chime in. Maybe the answer is in the stats thread.

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:47 pm

GreyBeard wrote:I'm not a stats guy Mikey, but I think while certain months had record warmth, I don't think it was the warmest WINTER on record. I think that was dec.2015-feb.2016.
Perhaps on of the resident statisticians can chime in. Maybe the answer is in the stats thread.

Last year was the warmest February on record. This one will most likely pass it as the warmest when it ends Wednesday night.

The second warmest meteorlogical winter (Dec-Feb) was two years ago, the winter of 2015/16. I hate to even write these words it's so nauseating.

Good riddance.

Last edited by CPcantmeasuresnow on Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:49 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
GreyBeard wrote:I'm not a stats guy Mikey, but I think while certain months had record warmth, I don't think it was the warmest WINTER on record. I think that was dec.2015-feb.2016.

Last year was the warmest February on record. This one will most likely pass it as the warmest when it ends Wednesday night.

Good riddance.

Exactly CP.That was what the article was implying-the warmest Feb. on record.

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:42 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

The second warmest meteorlogical winter (Dec-Feb) was two years ago, the winter of 2015/16. I hate to even write these words it's so nauseating.

Good riddance.

Three horrible winters in a row... Rolling Eyes
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:16 pm

Mikey, Thanks for the pics. I'll show them to him. All this talk of Spring is bad vibes. We need sacrifices to the snow Gods. Look what happened when CP pushed the need for a Like button. We got a snow storm. I think if high time we melted down a snow blower or toasted a couple of peeps!!!!! Mets lost in spring training to the Cardinals yesterday.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:18 pm

Grselig wrote:Mikey, Thanks for the pics.  I'll show them to him.   All this talk of Spring is bad vibes.  We need sacrifices to the snow Gods.  Look what happened when CP pushed the need for a Like button.  We got a snow storm.  I think if high time we melted down a snow blower or toasted a couple of peeps!!!!!    Mets lost in spring training to the Cardinals yesterday.  

Already gave away a snow blower to neighbor at the start of winter... Wink
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:34 pm

The peeps reference from a few days ago. The frogs that keep you up at night.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:58 am

mixed signals in my back yard...the doves came early this year..about 3 weeks..but the buffalo head ducks have not left yet...hmmm
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by RJB8525 Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:57 am

weatherwatchermom wrote:mixed signals in my back yard...the doves came early this year..about 3 weeks..but the buffalo head ducks have not left yet...hmmm

i haven't seen any of my local robins yet..usually when i see them it's over. still hope. this video sums up this winter

RJB8525
RJB8525
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:40 pm

I'd like to thank you all for your condolences and your words of encouragement. It's deeply appreciated. I see Rb has posted some hopeful news about the upcoming storm. I'm glad to see he decided to come back. Hopefully he'll be posting more often because I find his analysis very easy to understand.
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:55 pm

jmanley32 wrote:Sorry to hear of your loss snowman and try your hardest with the OT. It sounds aweful but maybe it really will get better. What did you do to your finger to have those sensations?

Thank you Jman for your condolences. Good luck with your new job I'm sure your going to do a great job with those kids. As for my finger issue. I cut my middle finger on my right hand just above the second knuckle almost completely off with a gas powered hedge trimmer. So now that the nerves have been severed the brain keeps sending neurons because the finger can't feel anything. So now the finger becomes what the doctor calls hypersensitive. So when you touch things that are slightly rough ( like a terry cloth towel ) it feels like your being shocked with electricity. And when you touch things that have an edge it feels like your being cut with razor blades. To say the least it's extremely uncomfortable.
Thank you again Jman and good luck.
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:05 pm

mwilli5783 wrote:snowman...my coldolences 2 u and the family,i lost my mom in 2017 and now i lost my father in january 2018 so i know what ure going through..stay strong and keep positive

My condolences to you Mwilli5783. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I lost my Dad in 2008 and my older Brother in 2013 so I'm the only member of my family left. As I've said to my wife I've never felt so alone in my life. But as my Dad always said when one of our family members past away " Life goes on ". So keep moving forward because that's what the person that passed would want us to do. Again my condolences to you and your family.
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:20 pm

SNOW MAN wrote:I cut my middle finger on my right hand just above the second knuckle almost completely off with a gas powered hedge trimmer.

affraid What kind was it? Stihl?
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 41 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum: