NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banter Thread 6.0

+40
Radz
kalleg
phil155
Wheezer
nutleyblizzard
rb924119
jimv45
brownie
Math23x7
SoulSingMG
mikeypizano
DAYBLAZER
SkiSeadooJoe
Joe Snow
essexcountypete
aiannone
heehaw453
frank 638
mwilli
Irish
Scullybutcher
algae888
bobjohnsonforthehall
docstox12
CPcantmeasuresnow
Dunnzoo
sroc4
amugs
SENJsnowman
weatherwatchermom
jmanley32
HectorO
TheAresian
dkodgis
GreyBeard
Grselig
snowday111
billg315
WeatherBob
Frank_Wx
44 posters

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Banter Thread 6.0 - Page 26 Empty Re: Banter Thread 6.0

Post by amugs Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:08 am

Rb Happy Birthday young Jedi!!! The world is celebrating with you today!

amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

MattyICE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:05 am

Happy birthday 🎂🎁🎊🎉🎈 jb

frank 638
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:49 pm

Wow, I don’t check the banter thread for a couple weeks and I miss all kinds of stuff! First and foremost, I am so sorry to hear of the illnesses suffered by several of our members/family members. Getting sick is never fun, but getting sick during the holiday season is just the worst Sad I truly hope that everybody is recovering well, and have been able to enjoy as much of the holiday season as possible!!

As for getting us to the land of Snow and Cold this season, I am only a messenger. So don’t shoot me if I bust terribly 😂 all kidding aside, I greatly appreciate your support, compliments, and enthusiastic and thoughtful discussions. And I’ll do my best to try to give you guys my best opinions, good or bad.

Lastly, thank you all for the birthday wishes!! 30 years physically, still about 15 mentally hahaha especially when it comes to weenying out on weather with you all :p I’ve never met any of you personally (yet), but I consider you all a part of my extended weather family, and your birthday wishes and shared enthusiasm really mean a lot to me Smile

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

sroc4 and amugs like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:13 pm

rb924119 wrote:Wow, I don’t check the banter thread for a couple weeks and I miss all kinds of stuff! First and foremost, I am so sorry to hear of the illnesses suffered by several of our members/family members. Getting sick is never fun, but getting sick during the holiday season is just the worst Sad I truly hope that everybody is recovering well, and have been able to enjoy as much of the holiday season as possible!!

As for getting us to the land of Snow and Cold this season, I am only a messenger. So don’t shoot me if I bust terribly 😂 all kidding aside, I greatly appreciate your support, compliments, and enthusiastic and thoughtful discussions. And I’ll do my best to try to give you guys my best opinions, good or bad.

Lastly, thank you all for the birthday wishes!! 30 years physically, still about 15 mentally hahaha especially when it comes to weenying out on weather with you all :p I’ve never met any of you personally (yet), but I consider you all a part of my extended weather family, and your birthday wishes and shared enthusiasm really mean a lot to me Smile

52 in age and 8when it comes to winter/snow mentality!

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs

sroc4 and rb924119 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:28 pm

rb, have a great birthday.30, WONDERFUL age to be!!

I am 71 and about the same age as Mugsy as far as snow, 10 years old calling WE6-1212 every 15 minutes prior to and during a snowstorm.Yes, terminal snowaholic,LOL.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

amugs, rb924119 and jmanley32 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:32 am

Remember gents, they’re all “years young” not “years old” Wink

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by SENJsnowman Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:38 pm

Happy New Years everyone!!! I woke up today with the worst headache ever, dizzy as all get out and cold/hot sweats like you wouldn’t believe. My poor 8 yr old Violet was sooo excited to go to New Years services at the Synagogue this morning, but I had to tell her no. Sad All things considered though she did a great job resolving her disappointment/anger at the situation like a big girl. Smile

So after getting some very nice care from Nurse Mommy, I’m sitting on a cushioned captains chair in my darkened study room, just trying to feel better. As of now, the headache and the sweats are much improved, and I still feel a bit cloudy up stairs, but much less than before. Oh, I also have zero appetite, which for me is just confusing to experience, lol. I only get sick like once every 3-4 yrs, so when it happens it happens but good!

And through it all, I’m keeping close tabs on this Monday’s possible potential, next weekend’s threat and the pattern flip as well, which hopefully begins to take root in earnest by late next week. While nothing is guaranteed, our potential for JFM snowfall does seem far greater this year than I remember over the past 4-5 yrs.

Thanks to everyone for continuing to post your thoughts, updates and maps to keep the fix coming for a weather junkie like me. Thumbs upThumbs up

SENJsnowman
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Grselig and heehaw453 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by heehaw453 Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:51 pm

SENJsnowman wrote:Happy New Years everyone!!! I woke up today with the worst headache ever, dizzy as all get out and cold/hot sweats like you wouldn’t believe. My poor 8 yr old Violet was sooo excited to go to New Years services at the Synagogue this morning, but I had to tell her no. Sad   All things considered though she did a great job resolving her disappointment/anger at the situation like a big girl.   Smile

So after getting some very nice care from Nurse Mommy, I’m sitting on a cushioned captains chair in my darkened study room, just trying to feel better. As of now, the headache and the sweats are much improved, and I still feel a bit cloudy up stairs, but much less than before. Oh, I also have zero appetite, which for me is just confusing to experience, lol. I only get sick like once every 3-4 yrs, so when it happens it happens but good!

And through it all, I’m keeping close tabs on this Monday’s possible potential, next weekend’s threat and the pattern flip as well, which hopefully begins to take root in earnest by late next week. While nothing is guaranteed, our potential for JFM snowfall does seem far greater this year than I remember over the past 4-5 yrs.

Thanks to everyone for continuing to post your thoughts, updates and maps to keep the fix coming for a weather junkie like me.  Thumbs upThumbs up

Feel better soon!

heehaw453
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

SENJsnowman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:00 pm

SENJsnowman wrote:Happy New Years everyone!!! I woke up today with the worst headache ever, dizzy as all get out and cold/hot sweats like you wouldn’t believe. My poor 8 yr old Violet was sooo excited to go to New Years services at the Synagogue this morning, but I had to tell her no. Sad   All things considered though she did a great job resolving her disappointment/anger at the situation like a big girl.   Smile

Thanks to everyone for continuing to post your thoughts, updates and maps to keep the fix coming for a weather junkie like me.  Thumbs upThumbs up

Hope you feel better soon!
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:02 pm

rb924119 wrote:Wow, I don’t check the banter thread for a couple weeks and I miss all kinds of stuff! First and foremost, I am so sorry to hear of the illnesses suffered by several of our members/family members. Getting sick is never fun, but getting sick during the holiday season is just the worst Sad I truly hope that everybody is recovering well, and have been able to enjoy as much of the holiday season as possible!!

Happy birthday!! Thanks for your great posts! Stay young!
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

rb924119 and SENJsnowman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:28 pm

same here Rb have not been checking in often, happy belated birthday! Hope you are well and have avoided the omicron so far and continue to do so. Looking forward to coming storms and will check in when I can. I know this is banter but just quickly the after effects of COVID are not fun a dry raspy cough for potentially weeks to months and moderate to extreme fatugue, so i am already tired all i have been doing is sleeping when not working.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:32 pm

Hope you feel well soon, did you get tested? Sounds like covid to me and if you do you could get the monoclonal antibody treatment if its available, it is not in NY. Those are all the symptoms I had when I caught it back on 12/17. It sucks and as i said below the after effects really arent fun either. at least your finally getting a big storm for you guys! Well deserved after so many shafts last year.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SENJsnowman Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:15 pm

Thanks Jman! I'm feeling 1000x better today and I hope to be back to 100% by tomorrow.

SENJsnowman
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:08 am

Man, I hope you guys feel better!! And thank you for the birthday wishes! I think if Mother Nature gives us a shot of her own remedial winter magic it’ll perk you guys right up……and that may be exactly what she prescribed the next couple weeks at least Wink

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:09 am

Happy birthday, Ray. I too hope everyone is feeling better. Doc, you got me by four years. I think GreyBeard has you by two years. The Stones have us by several years. The difference between the Rolling Stones and us is we make it look good
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

rb924119 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:25 am

dkodgis wrote:Happy birthday, Ray. I too hope everyone is feeling better. Doc, you got me by four years. I think GreyBeard has you by two years. The Stones have us by several years.  The difference between the Rolling Stones and us is we make it look good

LOL, Damian, once you hit 70 a few years differences don't mean anything.

Looks like that sharp cut off will keep us out of any accumulating snow up here but it's good to see the South Jersey crew get a good share,A few snow events up here this week makes things interesting again.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

rb924119 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:30 pm

A true legend!!

amugs
amugs

rb924119 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Radz Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:57 am

Let’s hope for that KU Nesis to mark his retirement!
Radz
Radz
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

amugs and rb924119 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:17 pm

Frank is the mush lately with his snow probability, Storm Mode,  and Ticker - just saying - has killed many a storm these past few years with this LOL!!! Weather Gods are not happy with him!

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:07 pm

dkodgis wrote:Happy birthday, Ray. I too hope everyone is feeling better. Doc, you got me by four years. I think GreyBeard has you by two years. The Stones have us by several years.  The difference between the Rolling Stones and us is we make it look good

Actually Damian, I'm right between you and docstox. I think old timer is the most senior member, with the three of us next in line. Very Happy Stay well,stay warm...

And belated birthday wishes to Ray.

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

rb924119 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:18 pm

Crazy!!

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:26 am

Happy birthday Janet! Enjoy your day Smile

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:32 am

Happy Birthday Janet!
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:54 am

Happy birthday Janet!!
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:01 am

Happy Birthday Janet, and Happy Belated Birthday Ray. Sorry Buddy.

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

rb924119 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:15 am

Happy Birthday, Dunz! Many happy and healthy more!!

And thank you all for the birthday wishes! Belated or not, they all mean the same to me Smile

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:48 pm

rb924119 wrote:Happy Birthday, Dunz! Many happy and healthy more!!

And thank you all for the birthday wishes! Belated or not, they all mean the same to me Smile

Happy birthday RB and Janet!
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Permissions in this forum: